Geowynd is part of the Ocean Infinity group offering market leading advanced geo-services to the offshore renewable industry. Geowynd is a geosolutions company that deploys smart data analytics and testing methods to interpret and integrate big data from the seabed and sub-seabed to realise opportunities for offshore energy assets. Our mission is to deliver data-driven advanced geodata analysis and interpretation to our Clients to the highest standards and to ensure that ground risks are mitigated and design opportunities are realised. We find innovative reliable solutions for some of the world’s most complex geotechnical problems. Geowynd are committed to supporting the global transition towards fossil-fuel free living, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
At Geowynd we embrace a culture of innovation and continuously strive for improvement through team collaboration and continued learning. Our aim is the continual development of engaged, passionate engineers and geo-professionals that solve complex problems that add real value to renewable energy projects. During your career at Geowynd, you’ll have the chance to work on some of the largest offshore renewable energy projects in the world and work within a technical leading team.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are seeking a Principal Geotechnician to perform advanced laboratory testing at our geotechnical laboratory.
Work Country: Southampton, United Kingdom
Work location: Onsite
What will you do:
- Supervising and performing laboratory testing, including classification, triaxial, direct simple shear and resonant column testing;
- Preparing and supervising the preparation of samples for testing, ensuring samples are available to promote efficient progression of test programs;
- Processing test data with the utmost diligence, taking care to ensure the data is as accurate as possible;
- Ensuring test programming and tracking software is updated to allow accurate testing progress updates to be provided to clients;
- Performing daily equipment & environmental quality checks throughout the laboratory, informing the Laboratory Technical Manager where anything out of the ordinary or out of specification is found;
- Taking an active role during accreditation assessments and performing verification tests when required to do so;
- Performing routine equipment calibrations and checks, whether planned or as requested;
- Assisting in the training of colleagues as required by the laboratory management;
- Ensuring a high level of cleanliness throughout the laboratory facility, and ensuring the equipment is maintained to the highest standard;
- Complying with Geowynd management system policies, practices, programs, and procedures;
- Supporting Geowynd’s environmental and social goals.
Who you are:
- Experience in the execution of geotechnical laboratory testing across a range of soil types, including classification and triaxial testing;
- Experience in the execution of laboratory equipment calibrations and checks;
- The ability to operate within a team, and at times be comfortable working under your own initiative;
- An aptitude for mechanical testing;
- An eye for detail, and the ability to follow written procedures;
- Competency with the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Experience with internal or external geotechnical laboratory accreditation processes;
- Formal health & safety training;
- An interest in soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering.
What you can expect:
At Geowynd, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.