Geowynd is part of the Ocean Infinity group offering market leading advanced geotechnical services to the offshore industry. We are a geosolutions company that deploys smart data analytics to interpret and integrate big data from the seabed and sub-seabed to realise opportunities for offshore energy assets. Our mission is to deliver data-driven advanced geotechnical analysis to our clients to the highest standards and to ensure that ground risks are mitigated and design opportunities are realised. We find innovative reliable solutions for some of the world’s most complex geotechnical problems. We are committed to supporting the global transition towards fossil-fuel free living, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
At Geowynd we embrace a culture of innovation and continuously strive for improvement through team collaboration and continued learning. This collaboration is fostered through initiatives such as: internal technical workshops, technical focus days, active engagement with university research, and encouragement to attend technical conferences and training. Our aim is the continual development of engaged, passionate engineers and geo-professionals that solve complex problems that add real value to renewable energy projects. During your career at Geowynd, you’ll have the chance to work on some of the largest offshore renewable energy projects in the world and work within a technical leading team.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’. The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
Geowynd is seeking a Laboratory Manager to provide commercial and operational leadership to a developing core processing and advanced geotechnical laboratory Facility in Southampton, UK.
Work Country: Southampton, United Kingdom
Work location: Onsite
What will you do:
The Laboratory Manager will oversee all commercial, operational and personnel related aspects of the laboratory activities. The successful candidate will work closely with the Laboratory Technical manager and the wider Geowynd team to ensure that data of the highest standards are delivered to our clients.
The responsibilities for the role include:
- Commercial and operational management of the geotechnical laboratory in accordance with the overall group strategy.
- Working with the wider company HSE team to ensure the highest possible HSE standards for the laboratory.
- Organisation and co-ordination of geotechnical laboratory testing.
- Resource planning, ensuring laboratory testing projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Preparation of tender and contract documentation for laboratory projects and preparation of bid input to wider offshore site investigation proposals with project partners.
- Development and management of key client relationships.
- Management and reporting of laboratory performance against defined KPIs and development plans.
- Complying with in-house management system policies, practices, programs, and procedures.
- Supporting our environmental and social goals.
Who you are:
- A demonstrable experience in the management of a geotechnical (or similar) laboratory.
- Fluency with written and spoken English and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills and an ability to summarise complex information to non-technical project stakeholders.
- Experience in leading a diverse technical team.
- An excellent understanding of quality management systems including: standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures for laboratory testing.
- An ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior project stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Experience with improving operational efficiencies within a laboratory environment and identifying opportunities for process improvement/ innovation.
- Experience with the award and maintenance of UKAS laboratory accreditation and ISO certification of laboratory processes.
- A degree qualification, preferably within an area of geoscience.
What you can expect:
At Geowynd, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.